Teaching C as first programming language

Darwin Ling darwinl at alliance.uucp
Sat Jun 15 06:25:33 AEST 1991

As a student before, one thing I hate the most when I first learn C is
that the weak type checking "feature" it has. It is especially bad as
my first labguage is Pascal. So, if possible , get the ANSI C instead
of the other one (like the one available on BSD Unix 4.2{3}, or
whatever..}

I.E. get one with a stronger type checking feature. It would ease the
efforts a lot in leanring a new programming language like C. One
thing, you may be aware of it already, is that , C is not intended for
any educational purposes like Pascal's. So, it got a lot of stuff
there which is to allow programmer to get around things .

				Darwin Ling

				Alliance Technologies , Inc
				Advanced Development group
				uunet :     uunet!alliance!darwinl