Direct output

John F. Woods jfw at ksr.com
Thu Mar 14 08:08:12 AEST 1991

gandalf at valnet.UUCP (Andrew Davenport) writes:
>    I am writing a program on an IBM AT compatible computer, and I want to
>use direct input/output.  I wrote the following function, but it doesn't
>work.  Can anyone give me a pointer as to why not?

There is a newsgroup, comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer, which contains a large
quantity of people who will be able to answer your question.  Your question
isn't a general question about C, it is a very specific question about a
very specific task on a very specific computer, and there really isn't any
reason to expect general C programmers to know the problem.

>        string[c] &= attr;

Though frankly that line looks awfully suspicious.