Turbo C BGI driver for VGA in 256 colours?

Adam Mirowski mir at opera.chorus.fr
Thu Mar 14 01:00:21 AEST 1991

In article <415 at frcs.UUCP>, paul at frcs.UUCP (Paul Nash) writes:

%% Has anyone out there heard of (or better still, got) a Borland BGI driver
%% for a VGA card in 320 * 200 * 256 colour mode?  If so, could you mail me
%% a copy?  I am using Turbo C 2.0, which only supports various 16 colour
%% modes on VGA, and must have 256 colours.  If I can't do it with BGI, I
%% will have to change to Microsoft, which _does_ do mode 13, but doesn't
%% have the fancy text support (which I need).

Look into the <MSDOS.BORLAND> directory on Simtel20 or into
/mirrors/msdos/borland on wuarchive.wustl.edu. There are two
interesting files: bgvga256.arc and svgabg17.zip.
Ah, you are on a UUCP site...

%% I would also like to know whether there are any fonts other than the
%% standard `simplex' and `sans_serif' available.  The `gothic' is totally
%% useless, but I would like to lay my hands on an italic font for BGI.
%% Does anyone know how to create BGI fonts, so that I can roll my own?

You can use fonts from Borland Quattro and maybe also Borland Paradox.
It has been some time since I experimented with that, but I think you
only need to put them together with the other and select another font
number...

For a font editor, look at bgifont.zip and bgifonts.arc in the
previously cited directories.
--
Adam Mirowski,  mir at chorus.fr (FRANCE),  tel. +33 (1) 30-64-82-00 or 74
Chorus systemes, 6, av.Gustave Eiffel, 78182 Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines CEDEX