Large 2D array woes...

felix chung yau fechuny at aix01.aix.rpi.edu
Thu Mar 14 14:37:42 AEST 1991

    I am a new programer in C and was wondering if someone could help me with
a problem I have in using a two dimensional array.  I am currently using
Microsoft Quick C and my problem is in dimensioning an integer array like
test[400][400].  When I compile the program I get the message "allocation
exceeds 64k".  I have tried using the "far" keyword to define the variable
as a far pointer but that does not seem to work.  I was wondering if there
is a better way to define and handle large arrays.
    Thank you in advance.