Help with Dos write protect error

Calsyn Martin Robert martin at iastate.edu
Tue Mar 26 03:53:30 AEST 1991

In article <351.27EC635A at business.UUCP> Mark.Tutt at f88.n363.z1.fidonet.org (Mark Tutt) writes:

> bla> ...  My problem stems
> bla> from the fact that I get a write protect error Abort, Retry, Ignore?
> bla> message

You could eliminate this message for other nasty DOS errors like drive
not ready, data error, media failure, etc by intercepting the DOS
critical error handler - I believe its DOS INT 24H.  This interupt is
available in more recent (3.30+) versions of MS-DOS.

---
Martin R. Calsyn                                   martin at iastate.edu
Project Vincent Systems Support                    gg.mrc at isumvs.bitnet
Iowa State University Computation Center           voice: (515) 294-9889
Ames, Iowa 50011                                   fax:   (515) 294-1717