Turbo C BGI driver for VGA in 256 colours?

Joe Huffman joe at proto.com
Thu Mar 14 02:20:34 AEST 1991

paul at frcs.UUCP (Paul Nash) writes:

>Has anyone out there heard of (or better still, got) a Borland BGI driver
>for a VGA card in 320 * 200 * 256 colour mode?  If so, could you mail me
>a copy?  I am using Turbo C 2.0, which only supports various 16 colour
>modes on VGA, and must have 256 colours.  If I can't do it with BGI, I
>will have to change to Microsoft, which _does_ do mode 13, but doesn't
>have the fancy text support (which I need).

You don't HAVE to change to Microsoft-- The Zortech C/C++ graphics library
(Flash Graphics) also supports mode 13.

User defined fonts are also supported.  Another nice feature is that the
graphics library exists for multiple platforms -- including: MSDOS, OS/2,
SCO UNIX, Rational System's 286 DOS extender, and PharLap's 386 DOS extender.

Source code is available (~$200.00) and email support is available
(fg at proto.com).

---
Zortech mailing list: send email to 'ztc-list-request at uunet.uu.net' with:
Add: your-user-name at your-machine-name
In the body of the message.
---
Send Zortech bug reports to 'zortech-bugs at zortech.com'
Send requests for educational discounts to 'zortech-ed at zortech.com'
---
Zortech is my major source of income.  Statements about them or their
competitors cannot be totally without bias.

joe at proto.com