getchar()

Ted L. Glenn tlglenn at cs.arizona.edu
Thu Mar 7 10:59:13 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar6.165835.10237 at cs.mcgill.ca>, storm at cs.mcgill.ca (Marc WANDSCHNEIDER) writes:
>     Then is there ANY way that I can have sort of "HOT KEYS" ie the user
> just hits a  key, and then the computer recognizes that a key has been hit
> and the key is sent to some variable...?  (Using MSDOS...)
>
>     Thanks for the help.

     I remember seeing a book in the university library about how one
could use Turbo Pascal to write programs that could set a BIOS or some
other interupt to be called when certain keys were pressed. I should
think that there are C books that deal with this topic.

--
        -Ted L. Glenn             "Don't worry, be happy!" <--Ack! Pffffhhht!
         tlglenn at cs.arizona.edu
         G19382105 at ccit.arizona.edu    G19382105 at ARIZRVAX.BITNET