Neophyte seeks scanf() help

Howard Huang huang at husc8.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 12 11:17:14 AEST 1991

   >float get_tax(void)
   >{
   >         float tax;
   >
   >	  printf("Enter the tax: ");
   >	  scanf("%f", &tax);
   >	  printf("The tax is %.4f\n", tax);
   >
   >	  return tax;
   >}
   >
   >Running it produces the following:
   >Enter the tax: 0.01
   >The tax is 0.1000

   That looks like a bug in your compiler...

Some earlier versions of Symantec's THINK C have this funny scanf
bug.  I'm sure you could call Symantec and ask them how to fix the
bug, or maybe you can find something on one of the Mac ftp sites
(sumex.stanford.edu).

Howard C. Huang                        Internet:  huang at husc9.harvard.edu
Junior Computer Science Major          Bitnet:    huang at husc9.BITNET
Mather House 030, Harvard College      UUCP:      huang at husc9.UUCP (I think)
Cambridge, MA 02138                    Apple II:  ftp husc6.harvard.edu