TurboC clearscreen problems

Michael J Androff mja28799 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 9 04:35:52 AEST 1991

I'm writting a simple get input file in TurboC and everything is working
fine except for the lines in which I clear the screen (I clear the screen
during error-checking, also to make the echoed input look nice.).

I used the command clrscr(); and it cleared the screen but sometimes it
would 'erase' the next printf statement.  Also, I don't think clrscr() is
portable to most (if any) AnsiC programs that aren't Turbo.  I wish to main-
tain maximum portability, so I'm very hesitant to use it.

Also, I used system("cls"); because I'm using an IBM compatible Epson and
although clr works at the DOS level, it doesn't execute at runtime in
TurboC.  Why?

Is there a bug in TurboC 2.0 for the screen-clear application?
Am I just missing some header file declaration?

I appreciate any help.  Please e-mail any responses (I'm not likely to
read this soon, or at least I'll forget to) to my uxa account.  Thank you.

			Mike Androff	mja28799 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu