HOW does "qsort" handle different variable type?

Stan Brown stan at Dixie.Com
Sun Mar 24 06:55:23 AEST 1991

rcoahk at chudich.co.rmit.oz (Alvaro Hui Kau) writes:

>Hi,

=>	I am interested in HOW the system routine
=>	handle different variable types..
=
=>	Furthermore, WHY char casting is used for
=>	the base pointer?
=
=>	Thanks.
=>alvaro,

	qsort(0 only implements the *sort* alogrithim.  It depends upon calls
	to a user suplied routine (strcmp for example) which can compare two
	objects of the type to be sorted and return the results of the comparison
	to it.

	I would referr you to an excelent article on the subjetc in C users
	magizine about sxi months ago.  If you can't find it mail me & I will
	look up the issue for you.

--
Stan Brown	P. c. Design 	404-363-2303	Ataant Ga.
(emory|gatech|uunet) rsiatl!sdba!stan				"vi forever"