Efficient STRing CoMPares?

Flint Pellett flint at gistdev.gist.com
Thu Mar 21 02:22:23 AEST 1991

The original poster apparently is only interested in an equal/not equal
result from strcmp(), not the before/equal/after result that strcmp()
actually returns.  I'd like to expand the question a bit: I'm curious if
anyone has a method that actually speeds up strcmp() in the situtation
where you have to get the lexicographic ordering information back.  (Such
as when the strcmp() is used as the basis for comparison in a bsearch().)
--
Flint Pellett, Global Information Systems Technology, Inc.
1800 Woodfield Drive, Savoy, IL  61874     (217) 352-1165
uunet!gistdev!flint or flint at gistdev.gist.com