Multi-dimensional array allocation - the *easy* way.

Amateurgrammer eychaner at suncub.bbso.caltech.edu
Fri Mar 8 10:28:50 AEST 1991

naga at wet.UUCP (Peter Davidson) writes:
>A few folks here have been discussing the complexities involved
>in dynamic allocation of multi-dimensional arrays.  It is indeed
>somewhat tricky to do - unless you do it the *easy* way: just use
>the functions provided in the following library:
>
>                NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT
>
>    Dolphin Software Ships Far Memory Management Library

[blatant commercial for Turbo C and MSC library for PCs deleted...though I
 found it QUITE offensive, ESPECIALLY since I was mailed a demo disk a few
 weeks ago (which I didn't ask for...I had never heard of these guys before),
 and I HATE junk mail...I think it is a CLASS A example of our throw-away
 society...but enough environmental harping]

As the recent originator of this thread (due to a question I asked), I am
proud to say that I am writing this program on a VAX/VMS, so your library
does me NOT ONE DAMN BIT OF GOOD!
								-Glenn
Glenn Eychaner - Big Bear Solar Observatory - eychaner at suncub.bbso.caltech.edu
"Do you expect me to talk?"  "No, Mr. Bond.  I expect you to die."
                                                                 -_Goldfinger_