Typename style (was Re: Is typedef char BUFFER[20

Dave P. Schaumann dave at cs.arizona.edu
Sat Mar 2 08:44:34 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar1.103608 at IASTATE.EDU> john at IASTATE.EDU (Hascall John Paul) writes:

>#define FOO 4
>typedef struct {
>      char    f_thing;
>      int     f_thang[FOO];
>} Foo;                        (or FooType, or fooType)
>Foo foo;

I hope you don't do this on any code I ever have to look at.  Names that
differ only by the case of the letters are way too close, IMHO, even if
they are related.

That aside, I agree there should be some kind of C style standard (or
guideline, if you like), which would set forth some naming conventions
and the like, and which would also protect these conventions from
being used for something else.

		Dave Schaumann		dave at cs.arizona.edu
'Dog Gang'!  Where do they get off calling us the 'Dog Gang'?  I'm beginning to
think the party's over.  I'm beginning to think maybe we don't need a dog.  Or
maybe we need a *new* dog.  Or maybe we need a *cat*! - Amazing Stories