lint (was: Funny mistake)

Stan Brown stan at Dixie.Com
Sun Mar 24 00:59:52 AEST 1991

scs at adam.mit.edu (Steve Summit) writes:

=>In article <13584 at helios.TAMU.EDU> byron at archone.tamu.edu (Byron Rakitzis) writes:
=>>How many people remember to run lint on their code? How many do
=>>it at the last minute?

=>Well, I've got a number of peculiar habits, but I often make sure
=>code passes lint before even trying to compile it, when I've just
=>typed in a lot of code that I'm sure contains typos, unused
=>variables, missing arguments, etc.

	Well maybe, I have diferent progrraming habits too, but whenever
	I run into a bug thats not imediatly obvious, the firts thing
	I do is run lint.  You will be *amazed* how quickly that will point
	you to the problem.

--
Stan Brown	P. c. Design 	404-363-2303	Ataant Ga.
(emory|gatech|uunet) rsiatl!sdba!stan				"vi forever"