C PASCAL INTERFACE

sjs at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu sjs at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu
Fri Mar 22 02:59:23 AEST 1991

In article <2941 at cod.NOSC.MIL>, vtran at cod.NOSC.MIL (Viet D. Tran) writes:

> I have programs that were written in two different languages, Pascal
> and C.  Now, I am having trouble combining them together, or linking
> them in the compiling process (using either Pascal or C compiler) to
> make only one executable file.  If anyone knows how to do mixed language
> programs with Pascal and C (such as C and In Line Assembly), or has any
> other suggestions, please let me know.  Thanks.

I have no trouble doing this with Microsoft C and Pascal.  Just make sure
there is only one main program; all the other routine files must be sub-
procedures or sub-functions.  Also make sure that they are compiled to the
same size (compact, small, large, etc.).

You left out a lot of info (compilers, op systems, etc.).  Try a small
program (like MAIN.PAS and a called SUB_FUNC.C) and see what happens.

 |     ~~~     Sid Sachs                       | "Time to wake up!            |
 |   / \ ~~~   at the Mountains of Madness     |    Time to rise!"            |
 | /  /   \    Bitnet:    sjs at ifasgnv          | - Silver Lady,               |
 |   /     \   Internet:  sjs at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu |   Intergalactic Touring Band |