What the hell does this mean??

Will Crowder willcr at bud.sos.ivy.isc.com
Fri Mar 8 10:16:12 AEST 1991

In article <6117 at mahendo.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>, robert at nereid.jpl.nasa.gov
(Robert Angelino) writes:

|> Hello fellow C programmers,
|> 	I have a small problem:
|>
|> 	I keep getting this error
|> 		"spa_tclkutc.c", line 130: unacceptable operand of &
|>
|> 	on this line
|>
|> 		(void) sscanf(ptr,"%04d",&(primary.utc.dy));
|>
|> 	Does anyone know what this means, I'm at my frustration limit..
|>
|> Thanks in advance.

This usually indicates trying to take the address of a register variable.
In this case, that seems a little strange, given that you're taking the
address of a member of a struct which is a member of another struct.

Is there some "interesting" #defining or something going on?

(In the future, it would help if you would give more details regarding the
compiler, system, and data types involved.  In this case, the declaration
for primary.utc.dy is probably the key.)

Hope this helps,

Will