trouble with macro`s

Roy Johnson rjohnson at shell.com
Tue Mar 19 01:51:40 AEST 1991

In article <15485 at smoke.brl.mil> gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
   In article <RJOHNSON.91Mar14111149 at olorin.shell.com> rjohnson at shell.com (Roy Johnson) writes:
   >Instead of ##, use an empty comment: /**/
   >I've tried it, it works.  Document it somewhere if the code is going
   >to move.
   >Feel free to correct me, but don't preface your correction with "BZZT!"

   BONG!

   Sorry, I couldn't resist..

   The /**/ kludge is not supposed to "work" (i.e. accomplish token pasting).
   However, in some implementations it does.  It cannot work in any standard
   conforming implementation, however.

BZZZT! ;^)  The original question asked about how to do it on the Sun,
since the ## which *should* work, doesn't, because sun cc is not ANSI-
compliant.
--
======= !{sun,psuvax1,bcm,rice,decwrl,cs.utexas.edu}!shell!rjohnson =======
Feel free to correct me, but don't preface your correction with "BZZT!"