Log Library - How is it done in the library code?

R. Kym Horsell kym at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
Thu Mar 21 10:06:55 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar20.223644.16769 at zoo.toronto.edu> henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <1991Mar20.204034.28931 at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> kym at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (R. Kym Horsell) writes:
>>Apparently the `inline' option -f68881 ...
>Uh, you're a bit confused here.  There are *two* separate facilities that
>are relevant, -f68881 and the inlining facility.  They're not the same thing.

Yes I may be confused. The following comes from the man page (I sure
hope those nice guys from Sun don't get me for any (c) violations):

Floating-point code generation option.  Can be one
of:

-f68881   Generate  in-line  code   for   Motorola
		 MC68881  floating-point  processor (sup-
		 ported only on Sun-3 systems).

what does this mean? :-)

-kym