One more point regarding = and == (more flamage)

karln at uunet.uu.net karln at uunet.uu.net
Tue Mar 26 02:39:26 AEST 1991

In article <632 at taumet.com> steve at taumet.com (Stephen Clamage) writes:
>bhoughto at pima.intel.com (Blair P. Houghton) writes:
>
>The compiler doesn't check comments, and there is never any guarantee
>that a comment matches the adjoining code.  The code or the comment
>may have been in error from the day it was written; the code may
>have been changed without proper modification of the comment; the
>comment may have been modified without proper modification of the code.

 And what does any of this have to do with the compiler?

>It is not enough to say that a programmer worth his pay ensures that
>the comments are always present and correct.  My rejoinder is that
>such a programmer should always think before making mistakes, and never
>write incorrect code.

  1: Your contradicting/answering your first statement, which had no point
     anyway.

  2: Your saying programmers should think, which was the point of the
     comment you were responding to. What are you trying to do? Take credit
     for the other intellegent comment, or just avoid working for a while?

> If you know any programmers like this who also
> complete their programs, let me know; we have some job openings.
>--
>Steve Clamage, TauMetric Corp, steve at taumet.com

  Maybe your company should invest heavily on CASE tools, then the end
  user can write the programs and you would not have a problem with
  programmers that cannot think nor finish the program they started ...

  P.S. Let me now say that I appologize to all those who have to skip this
   non-C nonsense, as well as the reply posting Mr Clamage is just going
   to *have* to make. I know this type. Remember: Brain FIRST then MOUTH!!

  Karl Nicholas
  karln!karln at uunet.uu.net