Is this ok??

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au
Tue Mar 12 12:23:27 AEST 1991

In article <15439 at smoke.brl.mil>, gwyn at smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
> In article <4934 at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au> ok at goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Richard A. O'Keefe) writes:
> >The only system-specific thing in it is the "return 0;" in main().
>
> Even that is strictly conforming to the C standard.

I didn't say it was *non-standard*, I said it was *system-specific*.
There are a lot of pre-ANSI C compilers out there, and I have met ones
where "return 0;" in the main program did not work at all.  I didn't
say that the VAX/VMS C compiler doesn't like it either.  My point was
simply that ANSI or not, one may run into compilers where it doesn't
work, so one might as well play safe and stick with exit().
--
The purpose of advertising is to destroy the freedom of the market.