Uniforum...

monkey at unixprt.UUCP monkey at unixprt.UUCP
Sun Feb 1 15:27:09 AEST 1987

In article <1160 at hplabsc.UUCP>, taylor at hplabsc.UUCP (Dave Taylor) writes:

> Just out of curiosity, did anyone else leave Uniforum with a distinct
> feeling that nothing interesting is being done in the UNIX area??  I
> ps: now as for USENIX, well....that's a different posting!
I agree with Dave, not much exciting presented by the vendors.

Also, I was very disappointed in this years Usenix.  Seemed that its scope
is very narrow and that unless you were interested in performance or
data bases, the only interesting talks occured on day one (and that
was weak also).  I have always enjoyed the more open
format of the past.

Monkey Face - Uni-xperts, Milpitas, Ca.