Suggestion on USENIX scheduling

David Herron -- Resident E-mail Hack david at ms.uky.edu
Tue Feb 9 06:35:59 AEST 1988

well, speaking as someone who has never been to a usenix, I'll say
the two reasons why I've never been.

1) time; it's during the week and I seem to always be tied up in
   a semester when usenix comes around.  That is, well the winter
   meet is in February (in a week or two).  I'd have to miss a
   week of classes.  Usually I also take summer classes ... and
   missing a week of summer classes is much worse than missing
   a week of classes during a normal semester.
2) money; I'm not your normal poor-starving-college-student, but
   I'm close enough that I spend money like I am one.

Of the two the timing is the more important.  I manage to go to
lots of things during the years ... SCA events mainly, and also
SF Conventions.  I would *really*love* to come to a Usenix and
could easily manage it if it were mostly over a weekend.
--
<---- David Herron -- The E-Mail guy            <david at ms.uky.edu>
<---- or:                {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!david, david at UKMA.BITNET