What to see at the summer Usenix conf.?

Bob Smart bsmart at vrdxhq.verdix.com
Wed Apr 26 22:07:34 AEST 1989

In article <9100 at elsie.UUCP>, ado at elsie.UUCP (Arthur David Olson) writes:
> > 1) Go uptown and watch the Baltimore Orioles play (if they are in town)
>
> The division-leading (as I write this) Orioles are indeed in town.
Yea, Go Birds !! still leading and over .500

> The schedule:
>
> 	Tuesday, June 13 at 7:35 PM:  Orioles versus New York Yankees
> 	Friday, June 16 at 8:05 PM:  Orioles versus  Oakland A's
>
> For more information call the stadium ticket office, (301) 338-1300
> (open Monday through Saturday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time).

 Any game with The Yankees is a big draw so expect the crowds to be good size
also with student night expect a lot of wild folk in the upper deck
( John Hopkins is a short walk away )

The A's should be a good draw also. I went to an A's game last year and a lot
of the first base side was taken up with A's fans.
For seating purposes The home dugout is on Third base side , visitors on
first base. The upper deck is entirrely in the open, the worst afternoon sun is
on the first base side ( as usual for ball parks) The upper deck extends to
just past the foulpoles on each side.
And if you don't follow the O's to much remember that in
1992 we will be getting a new stadium ( grr...  sore subject).

also there is a toll free ticket number: 1-800 950-2473

Bob Smart (bsmart at verdix.com)