Who didn't make it?

Roy Smith roy at phri.nyu.edu
Sun Dec 10 06:12:21 AEST 1989

Peter Honeyman writes:
> i used to think that usenix was out of touch with its academic membership,
> but i'm beginning to believe that the academics are out of touch with the
> usenix membership.

	I didn't bother to renew my membership this year.  With the
comp.sources.unix archives, I find the software tapes extraneous.  The last
few conferences I've been to didn't seem worth the effort (Washington,
Atlanta, San Diego) and I can't remember the last time I read something
worthwhile in ;;login:.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu -OR- {att,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy
"My karma ran over my dogma"