aircraft carrier tours

David F. Carlson dave at micropen
Wed Jan 18 00:10:51 AEST 1989

In article <1989Jan16.105614.5325 at utzoo.uucp>, henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
> In article <1014 at vsi.COM> friedl at vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
> >Could Henry be *jealous*? :-)
> Jealous of the privilege of living under a government that thinks silliness
> like this has anything to do with real security?  Not likely.
> "God willing, we will return." |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology

Jingoism aside, my bet is that every military in the world holds very stringent
security of foreign nationals around sensitive (how about nuclear capable)
military installations.  Even the colony to the north would hesitate before
letting just anyone onto a military reservation.  (The US fears terrorist
bombing of what might actually be legitimate military targets, rather than
military discoteques as usually get hit.)

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
micropen!dave at ee.rochester.edu

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll