aircraft carrier tours

David B. Wollner dbw at net1.ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 16 10:50:21 AEST 1989

Every weekend on the Broadway pier, the navy gives a tour of whichever
ship is docked there.  Last time I went, it was a Destroyer.  The most
interesting thing about it was the oil tanker painted on the guns.  They
let everyone on, but perhaps they'll make an exception for Henry if he
complains loud enough.  They do refuse to answer any questions about
nuclear capability, although with a rather disturbing smile.  The pier
is at the end of Broadway, hence the name.  It's open during the day on
the weekends, and I've never had a problem just walking on, although
reservations are probably a good idea.