First impressions

Steven M. Bellovin smb at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com
Fri Jul 7 12:24:38 AEST 1989

In all recent conferences I'm familiar with, a video tape would be no
problem at all.  In fact, there have been several at recent conferences.
If you used an oddball video format (or perhaps a non-NTSC one), life
might be more problematic; check in advance with the conference chair.

I'd very strongly recommend against trying a live demo with a computer.
Being a devotee of the One True Prophet Murphy, I'm quite certain that
a crucial disk sector went bad just after your last rehearsal, in
the conference hall itself...  Doing good video presentation is, in
my experience (as an observer), even more difficult than a more conventional
talk, if for no other reason than that most folks have less practice
with it.  Take your time, do it right, and edit the tape if necessary.