USENIX Board Studies UUCP

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Tue Nov 21 03:22:13 AEST 1989

In article <49017 at looking.on.ca> brad at looking.on.ca (Brad Templeton) writes:

| You mean like the group III FAX standard?   Yeah, right, a communications
| protocol spoken by machines from hundreds of manufacturers, and you
| actually have to pay for the hardware and/or software?

  group III fax is not a replacement for something I get for free with
something else I have to buy. That's the difference. What Henry said,
(and more or less what I said by mail) is that it has to be (a) better
and (b) very cheap, such that individual users will use it, and OSF/UI
might consider picking it up and distributing it.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon