Texas Humor? From recent issue of _UNIX TODAY_ - offensive to Anyone named "Billy-Bob" (rot 13)

Smith Gary Wayne smithg at d.cs.okstate.edu
Fri Aug 24 02:45:01 AEST 1990

In article <36570 at ut-emx.UUCP> drxmann at walt.cc.utexas.edu (Dustin Christmann) writes:
>In article <1990Aug21.150309.7181 at decatl.dec.com> hoyt at laura.alf.dec.com (Kurt Hoyt) writes:
>>In article <1254 at icus.ICUS.COM>, lenny at icus.ICUS.COM (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>>
>>>    Texas.  Now there's a state....Guys named
>>>    "Billy-Bob" chugalugging Coors and shooting at squirrels with shotguns
>>>    from less than a foot away ("Look, Maw!  It's already hamburger!"). Texas.
>>>
>>I would have thought that Texans named "Billy-Bob" would be chugalugging
>>Lone Star instead of Coors....
>
>A _real_ Texan speaks out:
>
>1. It's "Billy Bob," not "Billy-Bob."
>
>2. We drink Shiner Bock, the best beer brewed in America, not Lone Star or
>   Coors.
>
>BTW, it's been my general impression that the ones who drink Lone Star are the
>transient Yankees and Aggies.

A _real_ Aggie speaks out:

  1. Aggies drink Pearl. (not really - Shiner Bock is one of my favs also)

  2. Billy Bob Burnett (of Billy Bob's Fame) is an Aggie.  Prior to opening
     Billy Bob's, he ran the Miller distributorship in Fort Worthless.
     He probably drinks Lite.

  3. It is my general impression that the only ones to drink Lone Star are
     the transient yankees and giant armadillos.

  4. Lone Star, The National Beer of Texas, mmm, mmmm good !!!!

Bonus Aggie Joke:

  Did you hear about the Aggie that moved to Lousiana and raised the
  I.Q. of both states :-)

Super Bonus yankee joke:

  Beautify Texas: put a yankee on a bus

Gary                        Born in Oklahoma, Raised in Texas, Aggie in Both