list inexpensive hotels and hostels for conferences

Mark Lawrence mark at DRD.Com
Mon Jul 9 23:30:59 AEST 1990

henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) wrote:
}
} There may be a problem doing this for Dallas:  the Grand Kempinski (sp?)
} is off by itself, well away from any other hotels.

Last winter Usenix at Dallas, I stayed at the Hampton Inn which is just
a few blocks from the Kempinski.  My old expense report says it was $46
a day less extortionary travelers taxes.  I recall that it was clean,
offered no-somkers rooms and a pleasant stay.  You'll need a rental car
(or know somebody who has one) to get back and forth though.  Walking
the mile or so between hotels is not a pleasant prospect for that time
of year.

Hampton Inn
4555 Beltway Drive
Addison TX, 75244
(214)991-2800

Maybe Usenix could negotiate a conference rate?

--
mark at DRD.Com uunet!apctrc!drd!mark$B!J%^!<%/!!!&%m!<%l%s%9!K(B
 "...do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly..." Micah 6:8