Summary of responses regarding Jim Joyces Unix Bookstore

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Fri Jul 13 03:02:40 AEST 1990

In article <1283 at mtxinu.UUCP> jaap at mtxinu.UUCP (Jaap Akkerhuis) writes:
>Please note that to my knowledge usenix doesn't endorse any bookshop,
>so comp.org.usenix (or many of the other cross posted groups) is
>not really the place to discuss the merits of bookshops etc.

To my knowledge Usenix doesn't endorse skinny-dipping in hotel pools
either, but it happens at Usenix conferences, so it is a reasonable
topic of discussion in the newsgroup.  JJ'sBS was prominent at quite
a number of Usenix conferences for some years.

Usually the best way to deal with an "inappropriate" discussion is
to sigh and let it burn itself out.  This one already has.
--
NFS:  all the nice semantics of MSDOS, | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
and its performance and security too.  |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry