Computing Systems

Peter Salus peter at world.std.com
Thu Jul 26 05:34:43 AEST 1990

In the Summary minutes of the USENIX Board of Directors'
Meeting in Anaheim, Ellie Young reported that the
editorial staff of COMPUTING SYSTEMS hoped to be back
on schedule by the autumn.

I'd like to let the membership know that we are, indeed,
going to be back on schedule shortly.

By now you should have received 3.1 (with papers on
Clouds, Dune, Mach, Psyche, and Synthesis).  In 2-3
weeks 3.2 should be in the mail.  It contains papers
by Langston, Hawley, Thompson, and a Controversy
piece by Feldman and Gentleman -- it will be accompanied
by a CD containing examples from the Langston and
Hawley papers.

3.3 is fully edited and will go to UC Press around
6 August:  it should be mailed about 4 weeks later,
right on time.  It is a truly international issue,
containing contributions from Italy, Switzerland, and
the US.

Once again, I'd like to apologize for the delay and
encourage submissions to future issues.
--
A computer cannot make an omelet, even if you ask politely.