Why not pick *nice* places for the Usenix conventions?

Paul Graham pjg at acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon Jul 1 03:25:07 AEST 1991

ken at opusc.csd.scarolina.edu (Ken Sallenger) writes:

|NB: if you want humid, wait'll you get to DC in the summer! I was mildly
|amused at the open board meeting by the juxtaposition of
|
|(1) complaints about the heat/humidity; and
|(2) the number of hands that went up in approval of DC as a site.

DC was a wonderful place for the last usenix held there.  of course
it *wasn't* the summer meeting.  then again some things can balance
a poor climatic choice just as some things can exacerbate it.

--
pjg at acsu.buffalo.edu / rutgers!ub!pjg / pjg at ubvms (Bitnet)
opinions found above are mine unless marked otherwise.