Info on UNITY and IS1?

utzoo!decvax!harpo!utah-cs!sask!custead utzoo!decvax!harpo!utah-cs!sask!custead
Sat Feb 19 12:30:42 AEST 1983

>From the information I gleaned at UNICOM I concluded that both
of these were less complete than EUNICE.  At least one (and
maybe both -- can't find my notes) were lacking uucp support.
For many sites, uucp is one of the primary motives for running
EUNICE -- to allow UNIX and VMS machines to exchange files.

I sat down at the UNITY terminal at UNICOM.  The rep at the booth
said that it was full 4.1.  I immediately noticed that finger
and uptime were not there.  One of the things I especially like
about EUNICE is the 4BSD style load average reporting that it provides.
(Both finger and uptime work correctly under EUNICE.)

If anyone has more information comparing these 3 emulations, pleae
(oops) please post it...I think it would be of general interest
to readers of this newsgroup.

				custead