What's in a page?

Larry Wall lwall at sdcrdcf.UUCP
Wed Mar 14 08:57:15 AEST 1984

How do I shut off the "feature" in VMS that throws in a formfeed after
every n lines sent to the line printer?  The online help seems to
indicate that the proper thing to do is SET PRINTER/PAGE=0, but when
I try that it gags on the 0 value.  So far I haven't found anything
else in the documentation to help me on this, and TWG hasn't returned
my call.  Of course I could dicker with all the nroff macros, arguments
to print(1), etc., or write a filter, but I'd like to make the printer
look like lpr expects it to.

No doubt there's a simple answer, and I'm just blind...

Larry Wall
{allegra,burdvax,cbosgd,hplabs,ihnp4,sdcsvax}!sdcrdcf!lwall