Reading the IP/TCP routing tables from memory (request)

Kevin Carosso kvc at scgvaxd.UUCP
Tue Nov 20 17:08:30 AEST 1984

In article <> bwp at utcs.UUCP (Bruce Pinn) writes:

>	1.  How does one read the routing tables directly from the kernel
>	    code?  /dev/kmem does not exist under Eunice and hence is not
>	    available for reading.

One thing to remember -- under VMS, the "kernel" is part of your
address space (it is the S0 (lower half of the upper half, actually)
part).  You can read the routing tables by simply looking at the
right address in system space.   I dunno what the address is, but
maybe Wollongong provided a link map of their driver code, which
would have the symbols and offsets of their data structures (dream
on...).

	/Kevin Carosso            allegra!scgvaxd!kvc
	 Hughes Aicraft Co.