EUNICE, TCP/IP installation problems

Kevin Carosso kvc at scgvaxd.UUCP
Sat Nov 3 12:34:48 AEST 1984

Don't listen to TWG regarding rooted logical names...   Unless there
is something drastically wrong with Eunice, you shouldn't have any
trouble with putting your users one directory down and giving them
a root, I do it all the time.  Unless TWG says that Eunice can't hack
rooted directories, then I wouldn't bother to take their suggestion.

In any case, if they suggested using physical device names in authorize
they are definitely confused.  Even if you move your users out of the
one-level root, do NOT use the device names in the SYSUAF.  Create
a (concealed) logical name for the disk (all our users are on a disk
(actually several disks) called USER:).  If you put a physical name
in there, then you will have to manually change every entry in your
UAF should you ever want to move disks around.  Using the logical
name means you change only the logical name if you move disks around.

	/Kevin Carosso               scgvaxd!kvc
	 Hughes Aircraft Co.