Spawning an interactive DCL from Eunice

Larry Wall lwall at sdcrdcf.UUCP
Thu Nov 29 04:31:48 AEST 1984

In article <1238 at t4test.UUCP> chip at t4test.UUCP (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
> ...Of course, if you don't enable ^Y you
>can always ^O, drum your fingertips merrily on the tabletop for 30 seconds
>or so, and then continue on when you get your prompt back.  As ugly as the
>^O solution is, it's probably easier (and quicker) than logging on somewhere
>else, locating your PID, and stopping it.

Usually, but once I started a purge that gave me 700 messages, about 1 a
second, that it couldn't do something or other.  It wasn't terminal bound
so ^O didn't help much.

I also got stuck listing a 15 megabyte accounting file to the terminal.
Apparently the accounting utility traps ^C, and resets ^O on every record.

Thanks for the ^Y info, though.  That will help.

Larry Wall
{allegra,burdvax,cbosgd,hplabs,ihnp4,sdcsvax}!sdcrdcf!lwall