uucp under Eunice

Lew Mullen lew at t4test.UUCP
Fri Sep 7 18:09:18 AEST 1984

Our Eunice "uucp" seems to be working well now, and I can make our
command files available if anyone is interested.  These require only
a binary license.

We poll and are called by 6 sites, and CPU's of 4? different manufacturers,
and receive netnews.  These command files are for the uucp portion only.

These solve many problems, such as:
 * /usr/lib/uucp/.XQTDIR getting blown away,
 * Modem refuses to hang up after polling,
 * Need to shut off uuxqt to do news expire,
 * Getting the Hayes modem to dial,
 * Polling on schedule and on demand,
 * Running uucp in its own account (not as system),
 * Keeping uuxqt around without wasting cpu time (faster response,less clutter)
 * Waiting for the outgoing modem to be available,
 * Setting the protections and ownerships.
 * log files accumulating in sysmgr's home directory.

sysuaf.lis	- shows uucp account privileges and flags

boot:		- stuff to run during the boot sequence
assign.com		- logical names
systartup.com		- Eunice startup and logical names
terminals.com		- Sets terminal parameters for modems

lib:		- /usr/lib/uucp
L-devices		- example
L-dialcodes		- empty
L.sys			- example, want to call us ?
Makefile		- for "mkdocall.c"
SEQF			- example
USERFILE		- example
call.com		- runs the uucico -r1 command, (outgoing)
docall.com		- example, made by mkdocall.c
login.com		- incoming uucp or batch (uuxqt, uucico outgoing)
mine.com		- sets protections and ownerships (frequently run)
mkdocall.c		- calls when traffic is waiting or within hours
sitelist		- used by mkdocall.c
uucpjobid.dat		- example (standard twg output)
uucpoll.com		- polls or calls on demand
uustart.com		- controls start time for uucpoll, mine.com, uuxqt
uuxqt.com		- can be disabled with a logical name, runs often

local:		- stuff from our /local directory
afterjob.com		- submits only one job with "after" on it.
onejob.com		- submits only one job.
root.com		- sets some logical names
setuid.com		- installs selected commands with privileges.
termwait.com		- waits for and allocates outgoing modem line.
timeparam.com		- interprets time into global symbols
uuinit.com		- sets up uucp (used during boot seq.)

login:
sitelogin.com		- limits uucp login