preventing case translation

Don Libes libes at nbs-amrf.UUCP
Sun Feb 24 13:24:53 AEST 1985

I would like to be able to call Eunice programs from DCL.  The problem
is that I want the arguments untouched.  I get them all lowercased.
Even when I quote them, they are lowercased.  Does any one know how to
prevent this?

E.g.

$ echo :== $unix:[usr.bin]echo echo    ! the 2nd echo is for execl argv[0]
$ echo Foo
foo
$ echo "Foo"
"foo"

Apparently the quotes don't do a damn thing, because if I say
$ echo "Foo Bar"

what the program sees is:
	argv[1] = "foo
	argv[2] = bar"

I can handle the screwy tokenizing and unstripped quotes, but the
lowercasing is really fouling me up.  Suggestions?

Don Libes	seismo!nbs-amrf!libes