EUNICE 4.1 upgrade doesn't work?

C. Rosenthal, SC4-23, x6-7651 chip at t12tst.UUCP
Thu Sep 12 11:35:02 AEST 1985

> From: anders at lth.UUCP (Anders Ardo)
> Date: 6 Sep 85 17:04:39 GMT
>
> I have tried upgrading to EUNICE 4.1 and VMS v4.1 but for various reasons
> I was forced to go back to VMS v3 and my old EUNICE.

I have heard nothing about horror stories about the Eunice upgrade.  As
far as I know, the only people who have gotten it to work (besides TWG)
are the folks at SRI (no surprise) and one machine upstairs (but they don't
exercise it much).  Is it really that big a problem?  Does anybody have
any helpful suggestions or hints?

I'm looking at an upgrade probably within the next few weeks, and I
can't afford to fall back to V3.  Yes, I'm really worried about this
whole thing.

--

Chip Rosenthal, Intel/Santa Clara, (408) 496-7651
{intelca,idi,qubix,cbosgd}!t4test!chip