How does one make the Eunice Bourne shell inherit the environment?

Daniel R. Levy levy at ttrdc.UUCP
Wed Jul 23 13:38:06 AEST 1986

In article <1073 at ttrdc.UUCP>, levy at ttrdc.UUCP (that's me!) writes:
>I have been continually frustrated by a quirk in a Eunice system that I must
>sometimes program under....
>The problem is that
>Eunice Bourne shell scripts and interactive Bourne shells do not seem to
>inherit the environment from which they were spawned.

My sincere apologies to all of you out there scratching your heads over this
because your Eunice Bourne shells all inherit the environment OK.

It turns out that, for reasons and causes I won't get into (other than it
it wasn't MY fault I didn't know...) a nonstandard /bin/sh was installed
on our Eunice system.  Trying the /bin/sh from the Wollongong tapes fixed
the problem beautifully.  Egg on my face....
|        skokie, illinois        |
 --------------------------------   Path: ..!{akgua,homxb,ihnp4,ltuxa,mvuxa,
	   go for it!  			allegra,ulysses,vax135}!ttrdc!levy