As long as we are taliking about rmgrouping ...

M.Modig mom at sfmag.UUCP
Fri Nov 1 03:34:48 AEST 1985

I agree with the proposal to turn net.sources* into mod.sources*.  At
the very least this will provide some of the control needed to
prevent the needless duplication of requests and the costs incurred
from shipping huge pieces of code that may not be of interest to everyone
all over the net.  I'm not sure what the best solution is as far as
the content of the moderated group should be: I could see how only
requests for source and announcements of availability might be allowed,
with arrangements having to be made off the net for the source to be
sent to people who want it.  On the other hand, posting of sources
that would be of use to many (determined by some procedure-- exactly
what, I'm not sure) might also be allowed.  Any thoughts?

Mark Modig
ihnp4!sfmag!mom