Another kind of su program (source)

Bob Mende mende at aramis.RUTGERS.EDU
Mon Feb 2 05:02:56 AEST 1987

> Below is included a nice little feature program, it can be used as an
> alternative to su(1) or in conjunction with it.

  Here at rutgers we have a local hack that is called slide.  Slide
is a program that can be as simple as

main{}
	{
	setuid(0);
	system(/bin/sh);
 	}

  but ours makes a call to use your default shell (above is a simple
sample).

  This program is owned by root and in group slide.  This is your
/etc/group you have a non-loginable (is that a real word??) group
called slide.  Your system adminastrators, sysprogs, operators all
are in group slide.  When they type slide they start up a new root
shell.  A simple ^D and they are back to there normal shells.  Real
simple and easy.

					Bob Mende
--
      {Both Reality and this message are figments of my imagination}
ARPA: mende at rutgers.edu     	    BITNET: mende at zodiac.bitnet
UUCP: {anywhere}!rutgers!mende      Voice:  Yo Bob will do.