Another kind of su program (source)

katinsky at gauss.UUCP katinsky at gauss.UUCP
Wed Feb 18 20:11:27 AEST 1987

> Running an interactive shell as root is always
> dangerous, but sus can take a single command and execute it with
> superuser priviledges! As in "sus vi /etc/passwd", it returns
> immediary to your own shell after completion of the vi session. Most
> of the users here who have been granted to use sus without password
> will normally only have to do single commands, and there sus has
> it's force.

What about "sus csh"? I can see that with your method a person would
not remain a superuser and forget about it in the normal case. But if
that is all that is gained, I would deem it more of an annoyance to
have to prefix all of my commands with "sus" than it is worth!

> 					Kim Chr. Madsen

					dmk
--
"Don't talk to me about life...."
				Marvin, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
ARPA:	katinsky at topaz.rutgers.edu
UUCP:	...{harvard, seismo, ut-sally, sri-iu, ihnp4!packard}!topaz!katinsky