sizeof in #if?

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.UUCP
Sat Jul 30 10:23:45 AEST 1988

In article <12713 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>In article <4543 at rpp386.UUCP> jfh at rpp386.UUCP (John F. Haugh II) writes:
>>In article <12685 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>>[ and chris then further agrees that sizeof is not a keyword, but an
>>  operator instead ]
>
>I did not say that.  I said that sizeof is both a keyword *and* an
>operator.

my apologizes, that should have read

[ and chris then further agrees that sizeof is not only a keyword, but
  also an operator ]

my statement about CPP not being about to perform the sizeof() operation
still stands.  data types do not exist at that phase of the translation,
and hence, neither do data type or variable sizes.
--
John F. Haugh II                 +--------- Cute Chocolate Quote ---------
HASA, "S" Division               | "USENET should not be confused with