The \z escape (Really ANSI rules)

Larry Jones scjones at sdrc.UUCP
Fri Jun 24 07:14:52 AEST 1988

In article <8806220649.AA01761 at jade.berkeley.edu>, ERICMC at USU.BITNET (Eric Tye McQueen) writes:
> Who would it hurt?  (or is it just the fear that after the final draft a
> horde of screaming programmers will suddenly decide that \z is the worst
> thing since "noalias" and fire bomb committee members' houses?)

The problem is that if we make any substantive changes (i.e. anything but
editorial corrections), we are REQUIRED by ANSI rules to have another 2
month public review which would delay the final standard by about 6 months.
If we don't get this thing done pretty soon, it's going to be obsolete!

----
Larry Jones                         UUCP: ...!sdrc!scjones
SDRC                                AT&T: (513) 576-2070
Milford, OH  45150
"When all else fails, read the directions."