the logical xor operator! (John F. Haugh II, Karl W. Z. Heuer)

Brian C. Anderson castillo at mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 29 10:19:33 AEST 1988

In article <1312 at ark.cs.vu.nl> maart at cs.vu.nl (Maarten Litmaath) writes:
>In article <3254 at rpp386.UUCP> jfh at rpp386.UUCP (The Beach Bum) writes:
>\ps - your .signature is thought provoking.  i can't decide whether i'd
>\     rather live in a large communist country which oppresses blacks
>\     or a small capitalist country which oppresses blacks.  hard choice.
>
>I CAN decide whether I'd rather live in a country in which maybe not all
>people get on equally well, but at least are equal for the law, or a country
>in which the law states there be an apartheid between black and white (very
>smart solution to prevent the black majority from regaining the power and
>wealth stolen from them)...

"equal for the law"?  Fat chance if you've got Jewish parents, or are
a practicing Christian, or you fall into any number of unacceptable
political/religious/ethnic catagories.  One of the most unbelievable
spectacles of the modern age is seeing people favorably compare the
Soviet Union's human rights record with that of South Africa.  At
least in that country if you don't like the status quo you can
emigrate without waiting 20 years for an exit visa.

BTW, what does any of this have to do with C?