Defining Portable (Was: Invalid pointer addresses)

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Sun Sep 18 12:26:06 AEST 1988

In article <8517 at smoke.ARPA>, gwyn at smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
< I like to think my applications will run without change on systems from
< Apple IIs to Cray-2s (all of which we have around here or at home).  Of
< course usually prevents full attainment of this ideal, but there is no
< good excuse for not trying.

It is kind of amusing to contemplate that Doug might use an
Apple at work and then go home to play on his Cray :-).

--
Steve Friedl    V-Systems, Inc.  +1 714 545 6442    3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl at vsi.com     {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl