Token pasting in #include directive

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sat Dec 2 15:47:21 AEST 1989

In article <5522 at ncar.ucar.edu> steve at groucho.ucar.edu (Steve Emmerson) writes:
>True.  But what about the rest of us (i.e. non-implementors).  Should
>we begin to "comment out" argument names in prototypes, or use
>single leading underscores, or just hope for the best (with or without
>documentation)?

C application developers have to deal with name space conflicts SOMEhow.
You should NOT start using _names, because those are reserved for C
implementions.  You can use any names that you're sure will not be
#defined before your header is included.  What those names are depends
on the name space partitioning rules you have adopted.  If you use the
"package prefix" notion I've described in previous postings, then names
incorporating the header's package prefix would be wise.